Friday, June 18, 2010

A Boat Builder's Visit


On Wednesday evening "Zip" boat builder, Howard Katzman from West Bloomfield, Michigan came over to my house to see my project and give me a little critique on my "Zip". Howard has a wonderful boat and it really shows when you look at all the details. Howard offered to have me take another look at his boat so I jumped at the opportunity. On Thursday evening I was able to take measurements and get a real good idea on the challenges ahead of me. Also, visiting with me were my brother Gary, Uncle Ray and "Squirt" boat builder Art Atkinson.

In the first photo is a Howard looking over my "Zip". Picture two, from left to right. (Howard, Ted, Art). Picture three, shows all of the photos that Howard gave me of his build process.

No comments:

Post a Comment