Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Launch Day


Ted Gauthier's "Zip"
 The day has finally come when I launched my boat.  Things could have not been better..family, friends, the newspaper and photographers were there to join in the fun.  In October 2009 a good friend walked into my office and said he had just returned from a trip up north (Michigan) and he was going to build a boat he saw on the lake and the plan was in popular mechanics.  I said, "that's funny...I have been wanting to build a boat for years, show me the boat".  After a short discussion, I told him (Art Atkinson) that I would build a Glen-L Zip and the boat he needed to build (because of building space requirements, design, performance and style) was the Glen-L Squirt.  He agreed and we both started are builds.  We never dreamed, nor did we try to both finish our boats on the same day but that is exactly what happened.  On July 20th, 2011 we launch both boats.  I am still smiling.

Years ago I built an airplane and the model is a Van's RV-6.  The people who go for a ride in an RV always get what we call.......the "RV Grin".  Well let me tell you first hand....I have the "Glen-L Grin" and I am sure that you will not be able to wipe that Grin off my face every time I jump into my Glen-L Zip.


Art Atkinson and wife Vicki  in their "Squirt"







Ted giving Thumbs Up to Art Atkinson's "Squirt"

Front cockpit of the "Zip"

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed with your work. What a beautiful boat you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Thank you! I found some more on this website: http://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manufacturer/runabout-16743.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sir very nice blog

    This blog entry is brimming with information about light items. Lets likewise check our light Profiles.

    Recessed downlight
    Led downlight
    Led track light
    Led spike light
    Solar string lights
    Solar led light

    ReplyDelete